Friday, November 17, 2006

Cruel Fate

Oh, how she loves to joke....
Today, although still painfully slow, my Internet access did seem to be functional again. I was even able to log into Yahoo (well, I've managed that once or twice before, but never got beyond the welcome page. Since last Sunday - when I was able to read but not reply to a few e-mails - I have in effect been completely shut out.), and read a few of the 30-odd e-mails that have accumulated so far this week. Then the site crashed again. Bugger, bugger, bugger.
Even more galling, I was able to read but not reply to the most recent message from my darling, The Artist..... and it appears that she has been reading this blog (good - so at least she knows what the problem has been with my sudden lapse in communication), but not Round-The-World Barstool Blues (http://thebarprop.blogspot.com)..... on which I had recently addressed her much more directly, hoping that she would be able to reply in a comment. [Note: Since I have lost my e-mail, I have dispensed with 'comment moderation'.]
So, Artist, dear Artist, if you are reading this - please say 'hi'.
PS Have you noticed how - just to add to my vexation - Blogger insists on scrambling the formatting on this post? What have I done to deserve this??

No comments: